Huron is committed, in its teaching, learning, and research, to critical engagement with the effects of global flows of people, ideas, resources, and capital. We recognize and actively explore how these flows affect scholarship, community, and community ties, privilege, and the development of sustainable, reciprocal, and mutually beneficial relationship within a globalized world.
Huron students are provided with several opportunities to critically engage in a global world.
- Huron welcomes over 100 international students from over 30 different countries to live and study alongside Canadian students.
- Huron students can go on a semester or yearlong academic exchange, selecting one of 24 universities located in 15 different countries.
- Huron’s exchange partners offer Summer Study Abroad opportunities.
- Student Support Services recruits several student leaders each year to serve as Peer Guides who help plan academic and cultural activities to assist our international and exchange students with settling into the Huron community. Click on the links on the left menu or on the items below to find out more
- Motivated Huron student can also arrange for their own global educational experience using the Letter of Permission process.